Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Need More Time

Time is so variable:

take this exact moment,

it's gone almost before I've noticed it;

in the blink of an eye,

tomorrow has become yesterday.

Time as a succession of pixels.

The wise tell us to concentrate

on the moment but that's like trying

to keep hold of one drop

in a rapidly moving stream.


Anyway we need time:

sentences are temporal.

Without time, we can neither think, talk,

understand, read nor write.

To communicate we need

words or images in a sequence.


So I have grave doubts

about eternity.

It lacks pixellation,

it lacks communication.

I don't think I am ready for it;

I need more time.


1 comment:

  1. Eternity is indeed a strange concept. From my time-trapped mind, I conclude that eternity desn't imply the absence of time -- that would preclude any events, since an event implies occurence at a particular time. So does eternity mean time going on for ever (with pixellation?)? That sounds a trifle tedious. Could one feel eager anticipation for an event that's not expected to occur for a thousand years?
    Presumably the average ant cannot conceive of the Milky Way, let alone the Universe. Maybe that's our predicament when it comes to eternity.

    ReplyDelete